The WoodRise Alliance is a grouping of organisations whose aim is to form a global network on innovation and research and development to improve and promote medium to high rise timber buildings.
The Alliance represents a commitment for each of its members to collaborate at a global level, in order to exchange on low-carbon construction and the harmonious development of urban and rural territories.
Formalised on 14 September 2017, during the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) WoodRise Congress, it originally included three co-organisers:
- FCBA (France)
- FPInnovations (Canada)
- Building Research Institute (Japan).
Today, it includes 24 official representatives from 15 different countries.
- Europe and European countries: 13
- North America: 4 (3 Canada and 1 USA)
- Asia: 4 (Japan 3 and China 1) => Asia: 4 (3 Japan and 1 China)
- South America: 1 Brazil
In addition, three types of organizations are members of the WRA, with a fairly balanced proposrtion between them :
- Training units and organizations : 7
- Technical centers and public and private research institutes : 11
- Associations and professional groups : 6